Individual Counseling and Therapy
Focusing On Your Story
Our solutions-focussed individual counseling is hyper-focused on each client’s story. Here, we take into consideration the whole person (dual diagnosis) and specific substance abuse triggers and habits. We then develop customized comprehensive care accordingly while diligently monitoring personal progress along the way.
In addition, we take the time to match our clients to the therapist that works best for them. Research shows that single most important factor in recovery is a good relationship with their therapist, which is why we’re careful to get this part right.
What To Expect
The Highest Level of Individual Care
Individual therapy sessions are structured according to the patient’s needs. In individual therapy, a client works with their hand-picked mental health professional in private sessions to acquire self-knowledge and the self-motivation to change while the therapist works slowly through the cognitive, behavioral, and motivational aspects of their recovery to develop solutions.
Frequency of therapy is personally tailored to the client’s needs throughout the stages of recovery as they journey from red to green. We’re not interested in selling services or working through a rigid system of therapy. We move at the client’s speed toward recovery.
The Benefits of Individual Counseling
There are a number of benefits to a solutions-focussed individual counseling approach, but the greatest benefit is the natural result of a trusted, one-on-one relationship with a therapist. A safe and comfortable environment is often the bedrock of successful recovery. Here are some other benefits to individual counseling:
- A secure setting to discuss sensitive topics like relationships, sex, self-esteem, and other personal matters.
- A greater personal attention throughout the various stages of recovery allows the therapist to be very thorough in understanding the specific problems facing the client.
- The confidentiality of the client’s issues is most easily maintained.
- Allows for a level of analysis and treatment can be much more intense and comprehensive in individual therapy.
- The pace of the therapy can be tailored to the specific client. It can be sped up or slowed down depending on how the client is responding.
- Individual therapy allows for the development of self-awareness by discussing issues and getting feedback from the therapist.
- Clients can arrange a time for the therapy sessions that is most conducive to their schedule. Therapy sessions can also be arranged rather quickly, if needed.
- Individual therapy allows for the development of communication skills in clients who need help with these skills.
A Bright Future Starts at Valley Oaks
Walking through the doors of a center like Valley Oaks for the first can be tough. We work hard to make sure that your visit is easy, streamlined, and professional while still addressing your needs. The reality is that more folks are seeking help than you’d ever imagine, and for good reason. More than 80% of folks that seek help for common mental health ailments see significant improvement. Your journey to life’s peaks can start right now… and start right here… at Valley Oaks.