Family and Couples Therapy
Family & Couples Counseling
Partnering With Families & Support Systems
We understand the difficult and damaging relational ripple effects of addiction. Substance abuse disorders can severely undermine the foundation of healthy families and relationships. While treatment rightfully focuses on the individual who is wrestling with addiction, we are proud to provide treatment for couples, families, and support-systems.
The overall and long-term well-being of every client is of the utmost importance to us at Valley. While every client needs to be individually motivated, one of the largest factors in successful recovery from substance abuse disorders is a solid, unified support system.
What To Expect
Research shows that mental and behavioral health treatment that includes family therapy works better than treatment that does not. When combined with individual treatment, the chances of relapse drastically drop, medication adherence greatly increases, psychiatric symptoms improve, and the overall stress-levels in homes and relationships are reduced.
Our family and couples counseling partners with immediate family, primary caregivers, adopted families, and support systems to get everyone on the same page in caring for their loved ones while receiving the personal care they need.
The Benefits of Family & Couples Counseling
Counseling for families, couples, and support-systems include the following:
- Learning about addiction and its effects on the family as well as understanding how treatment works and what to expect when it’s complete.
- Learn about the unhealthy behaviors of codependency and enablement.
- Creating a space family members to voice feelings and concerns and ask questions about a loved one’s addiction.
- Offering a loved one a high level of appropriate support after treatment.
- Easing feelings of fear, anger, stress and confusion related to the addiction.
- The chance for family members to develop skills and strategies to help a loved one stay on the path to recovery.
- Keeping your loved one engaged and motivated during treatment.
- Improvements in family communication skills.
- The opportunity to address any mental health issues within the family system, such as depression or anxiety, which can hamper family communication and contribute to relapse.
- Group therapy is also available for support-systems to interact with other couples and families to hear their stories and learn from each other.
A Bright Future Starts at Valley Oaks
Walking through the doors of a center like Valley Oaks for the first can be tough. We work hard to make sure that your visit is easy, streamlined, and professional while still addressing your needs. The reality is that more folks are seeking help than you’d ever imagine, and for good reason. More than 80% of folks that seek help for common mental health ailments see significant improvement. Your journey to life’s peaks can start right now… and start right here… at Valley Oaks.